Friday, September 30, 2016

3 days till LOVER'S LEAP's ANNIVERSARY!!

And I said I'd post every day till Oct 2nd. Here I am!

Today I've been thinking about social media. MOST days I think about it. All published authors know that once the contract is signed, it's time to get busy promoting, getting your brand built, networking. It's hard to build a base. And time consuming. And fun, in a way, and did I mention time consuming?
I easily spend as much time in my social media outlets as I do writing these days, and that is kind of sad, isn't it? But there's a learning curve, and I'm hoping the learning curve will smooth out and give me back some of my time.

One of the things that is a big time drain with very little reward is searching through STOCK photo banks in search of the perfect photo.  For your covers, for your ads, for your trailers...which I love. I write historicals featuring HOT blond dudes in Victorian times with NORDIC lineage. Do you know how hard it is to find good looking Victorian era, blond haired men (unless you're looking at another writer's cover...still even there, RARE).

I must say, my cover for my historical romance, The Trouble with Tigers does have one such hot dude, though his hair is slightly darker than I would have liked. But he had the face and the eyes...I digress.



I've been scouring already for my WIPs. (For those of you not schooled in author speak, that stands for work in progresses) Time drain. But when I find just the right photos? It will all be worth it. By the way, does anyone out there happen to know where I can find a horde of picture of hot blond men from the victorian era?

Lucky for me I stumbled upon Candace Bowser of Celestial Waters Publishing. She put a couple of ads and a trailer together for me for Lover's Leap. I'll post a couple here, as well as a link to the trailer on Youtube. Let me know what you think!



And here's the link to the trailer:

Until next time! Muah!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, Kimberly. OMG! You read my mind. Social media is gobbling up all my time. And with my debut novel hitting the digital shelves mid Nov, I'm nose to my laptop working on building my fan base. And like you, running behind on my WIP. BUT I am having a ball. Love reaching out and getting such great responses. A whole new world. Happy nearly Anniversary for Lovers Leaps. ... and thanks for your tweet. Best, Anni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anni! Thanks for your comment. Social media is surprisingly fun, isn't it? We authors don't always think we have it in us to do all the mingling but it turns out we just have to practice :) When you actually interact it's so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete