Thursday, September 29, 2016

4 DAYS 'til LOVER'S LEAP release day anniversary!!

And in honor of that momentous occasion, I thought I might actually BLOG! *grins* FOR THE NEXT FOUR DAYS!!!

So, when I get writer's block, or I need time to allow an idea to germinate, I usually do one of two things: I switch whatever work-in-progress I'm into to the other (since I usually work on two books at once, in the two genres in which I write. Contemporary (like Lover's Leap) or Historical (like The Trouble with Tigers).

I also go for a solo run.

I say solo because most days I run with my sister, or with friends, and on those occasions, we talk. As in I don't listen to music.

But something magical happens by my way of thinking when I run and listen to my playlists. The music inspires me. It gets my romance juices flowing. Certain songs make me think of a jilted lover who's not going to take it anymore. Certain songs put me in mind of a guy or girl who's being unappreciated by his or her significant other and is about 'thoo. ( I foresee the guy or gal walking out and the significant other coming running back, with a whole new and shiny perspective.)

Still other songs are so picturesque and sexy I can't stand it. Love those songs. You can just imagine a couple in love, or meeting and there's that brand new spark.

Today I got the afternoon drowsies probably because I had hardly moved my a$$ all day. AND I have an idea to flesh out in my contemporary WIPs. So I ran--and came up with this idea for my blog.

Without further ado, allow me to share one of my favorite songs to run to, to listen to while driving my convertible to the beach with the top down and the sound system jammed, and to get my romantic-genius flowing.

Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap. It's a song throughly in the 2000's that's totally reminiscent of the 80's alternative scene. LOVE it. Favorite lines:

...So stay there

'Cause I'll be coming over
And while our blood's still young
It's so young, it runs
And won't stop 'til it's over
Won't stop to surrender...

Enjoy:

Sweet Disposition, official video on Youtube


No comments:

Post a Comment